Sunday, January 2, 2011

Predeparture: T minus 1 hour

Currently I am sitting in the Little Rock airport before my first of four flights, and my goal is to get as much written as possible before boarding.

I managed to fit everything I needed into one large suitcase and a backpack!  Go me!  There's even extra space for bringing stuff home, so people should let me know what they want from Southeast Asia.  I'm warning you, if you don't tell me anything, you're getting chopsticks.

According to my calculations, I will be in transit for a little over 36 hours, from when this flight takes off to when I land in Kuala Lumpur.  I'll be stopping over in Dallas, San Francisco, and Hong Kong, and my longest flight will be a measly 14 hours.  Hopefully there will be air cuisine, and little tiny cans of ginger ale.

My other goal is to scour the airports for Malay phrasebooks and books on teaching ESL.  Apparently Asia is positively infested with young, adventurous English teachers, so there should be a pretty big market to tap into.

Well, I just read back over this and realized that I actually have nothing interesting to report right now except for hopes and expectations, so I'll quit being speculative and start learning some vocabulary.

Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment